The Great East Lake Improvement Association Annual Meeting will be at Week’s Park July 10, 2010. The booths open at 9:00am and the meeting is at 10:00 am.
- Membership table, merchandise sales and informational tables open at 9:00 am and close at 10:00 for the meeting
- Members may pick up a flare for the 9:30 pm Flare Up
- Informational material will abound – boating safety, environmental, invasive species, septic systems and more
- Booths – Loon Preservation Committee, local land trusts, AWWA
- 2011 GELIA Calendars will be available for $15
- Newichawannock Reflections: Memories of Great East Lake 2nd edition sold for $15
- Laminated Charts and Paper Maps can be purchased for $10 and $5 respectively
- GELIA sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats and more will be for sale
- Volunteer Sign Up for Weed Watchers and Lake Hosts
- Raffle tickets available before 10:00 am for gift certificates and merchandise
- Reports and updates of GELIA programs and the GEL Watershed Survey
- Stay for lunch – compliments of GELIA and enjoy hot dogs, chips and soda
Directions to Weeks Park
From route 153, turn right onto Acton Ridge Road at Seven Lakes Provisions Proceed about 2 miles to Lake Ivanhoe on the right. At the end of the lake, turn right on Dearborn Road. Proceed to end. Turn right on North Shore Drive which runs along the shore. Proceed to Weeks Park on the right.
From the H Road in Acton, proceed to Acton Ridge Road and turn left. Turn left on Dearborn Road just before Lake Ivanhoe. Follow above directions.